Home/Support/Support Forum/ConnectPort X2 can't read AT values from module
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

ConnectPort X2 can't read AT values from module

0 votes
Hi - newbie question (sorry)

I have a connectport x2 900hp - installed and worked fine out of the box.

I 'fiddled' about (just learning) and now I have an issue I've not been able to resolve (despite 'hard' reset - 60 seconds reset after power up) - realport is installed.

XCTU can find the unit (function Xbee Pro 900HP 10k, Port Com2 115226/8/N/1/N - API1, and thr MAC address)

Problem is - I can't read the AT values of the xbee module - clicking on 'read' opens the 'reading modules' dialogue then I get an 'action required' window asking me to reset the radio module. I've tried resetting the connectport but I don't think that is the problem (I think it's the radio module)?

I've switched to another X2 unit - uninstalled the original realport and installed a new one. Same situation - xctu can see the unit (and I can access the web server ok on both of these) but I can't read the radio values.

When these units first arrived xctu worked fine so it must be something I have done?

XCTU works fine with my RF modems so there doesn't seem to be a problem there.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? Thanks in advance

I'm on Windows 7 pro 64. XCTU is 6.3.1
asked Oct 26, 2016 in ConnectPort TS by Digi_Peter New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
The connect port X2 is not intended to be read by XCTU. You use its web UI for reading and modifying the radios settings.
answered Nov 10, 2016 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,300 points)
0 votes
Understood - but if Realport can't connect to the radio (which you would think should allow a transparent connection to the radio and therefor alloow XCTU to see the radio just as if it were on a serial port) - how does one 'get the data into the radio' for transmission?

Thanks
Peter
answered Nov 29, 2016 by Digi_Peter New to the Community (1 point)