Home/Support/Support Forum/fat_UnmountDevice keeps causing crash
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

fat_UnmountDevice keeps causing crash

0 votes
I've found that in order to get files to save to the flash I have to unmount my device. I can remount it, or even restart the device and resave the same files that are already there. However, when I try to change some of the data in a file, it crashes on unmount.
I'm using Rabbit 6700's and 6750's
asked Jan 5, 2017 in Rabbit Software by WBDunkley New to the Community (3 points)
I am having the exact same problem with you.. RCM6750 in an attempt to unmount an SD card device using fat_UnmountDevice.

This is causing a system interrupt runtime error on my end - are you experiencing the same type of error?

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote
I don't remember the error I was getting, but I eventually got the unmount and syncPartitions to work. I didn't like my pointer to the partition so I replaced it with this.

//Flushes cache and saves files.
rc = fat_SyncPartition(fat_part_mounted[0]);

I don't unmount it anymore but this did work...

for (i = 0; i < num_fat_devices * FAT_MAX_PARTITIONS; i += FAT_MAX_PARTITIONS) {
if (fat_part_mounted) {
rc = fat_UnmountDevice(fat_part_mounted->dev);
}
answered Jan 31, 2017 by WBDunkley New to the Community (3 points)
0 votes
Have you allocated enough bbram (and included the battery backup) for the FAT library's cache? I'd use the RCM4300 as a model, but realize that it does not configure the on-board serial flash for FAT. Just the SD card.

How are you interfacing the SD card slot to the module?

What size SD cards are you using?
answered Jan 31, 2017 by TomCollins Veteran of the Digi Community (1,681 points)