Home/Support/Support Forum/How would I disable a Ipsec VPN? And is there an easy way to turn int off and on?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

How would I disable a Ipsec VPN? And is there an easy way to turn int off and on?

0 votes
I have purchased a system that has many of the WR44 routers in place. Some of them used to use a VPN connection to pass their SCADA information. Now I am using Modbus TCP and static IP's so the VPN connection is disabled at the concentrator. However, the VPN at the router is still trying to connect which I believe is causing data overages. Regardless of if it is or isn't I would like to know how to turn them off or Disable, either permanently or temporarily.
asked Feb 2, 2017 in Digi TransPort Cellular by Jason Intechsol New to the Community (4 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer
Go to the interfaces (presumably ppp 1 if you are using cellular and one SIM only) and untick allow IPsec.

That, and go and delete the IPsec settings under the VPN option.
answered Feb 3, 2017 by NicholasWilson Veteran of the Digi Community (969 points)
selected Feb 3, 2017 by Jason Intechsol
+1 vote
If you have multiple vpns on the device and only want to disable 1 of them remove the ip address peer device this will stop the transport from trying to build.
answered Feb 3, 2017 by James.Wilson Veteran of the Digi Community (1,225 points)