Home/Support/Support Forum/Can't detect remote module if XCTU connected module in API mode

Can't detect remote module if XCTU connected module in API mode

0 votes
I have Zigbee Xbees
1 coordinator connected on a PC/XCTU
1 router on an Arduino
They have the same PAN ID

1) If coordinator in AT Mode => no problem. The remote module is detected and communication works
2) If coordinator in API. The remote module is not detected.
asked Feb 9, 2017 in XCTU by Sterwen New to the Community (6 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+2 votes

Best answer
How are you trying to detect the remote module? By what means?
answered Feb 9, 2017 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (12,001 points)
selected Feb 24, 2017 by Sterwen
A fast blink would indicate that it is associated. The Association LED on solid indicates that it is not associated.
Thanks again for your support.

I have some alternate slow and fast blinking and apparently, and I have no communication issue with the sensor using XCTU interface. I can visualize and modify all parameters through the interface. When I push once the "reset" button, I receive a packet (Notification) on the coordinator.

I am now wondering if the sensor is sending spontaneously the measures to the network coordinator or if this needs to be explicitly polled ? As the sensor can sleep, this does not seems logical, but I may have missed something.
You need to Poll the data using the IS command from your Coordinator or other node that is using API mode and you want to receive the data on.
Ok, that is not the behavior I was expecting, so the question. In fact everything is OK. What is still not clear is what is the link between sleep period and polling. What happen if the module receive the ATIS command while sleeping ? I will dig into the documentation.
The parent will hold the message till the end device wakes and polls for it or until it has been purged from the parent.