Home/Support/Support Forum/Trying to use DT address on XTend radio

Trying to use DT address on XTend radio

0 votes
I an trying to set the DT (destination address) on a pair of XTend radios. When I set the DT to something other thatn the default of FFFF, (same value on each of the radios, so that they will be in the same network), I can not establish communications between the radios. These are XTend-PKG models with firmware version 2060 on them. this firmware is showing as the latest version for this model.
asked Feb 10, 2017 in XTend by dbweiner New to the Community (12 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Set the radio for user defined mode (Switches 5 and 6 both up) and then set the DT of one to match the MY of the other. Then swap again and set the DT of 2 to match the MY of 1.
answered Feb 10, 2017 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,300 points)
0 votes
Thanks. It is interesting that in the manual is says "DT Command is used to set/read the networking address of an RF modem. The modems utilize three filtration layers: Vendor ID Number (ATID), Channel (ATHP), and Destination Address (ATDT). The DT command assigns an address to a modem that enables it to communicate only with other modems having the same address. All modems that share the same DT parameter can communicate with each other." So I would have thought that the DT should be ok being set to the same value on each radio.
answered Feb 10, 2017 by dbweiner New to the Community (12 points)
That is also dependent on the MK or Network Mask.