I'm entering into a development of a multi node (up to 100 nodes), sub 1Ghz dynamic network.
The main requirements of the system are:
* Range : > 1 mile.
* Number of nodes: approx 100 (preferably more).
* Nodes are mobile (i.e. not fixed) within the range and may come in/out of range occasionally.
* Form some sort of 'mesh' in which any node can communicate with any other node (and be acknowledged that the message was received).
* Each node should be 'aware' of each other node joining or leaving the mesh network.
* Responsiveness - any message should reach its destination (and acknowledged) within 250ms
My questions are:
1. Is DigiMesh suitable for the job ?
2. Is Thread suitable for the job ?
3. Which sub-1Ghz XBee module/s can run both mesh network stack (DigiMesh and Thread) ?
4. What is the status of Thread stack, Is it available for deployment? I couldn't find any trace to this in digi.com
5. What other alternatives are out there ?
Thanks in advance for any insight shared.