Home/Support/Support Forum/Restart telnet server after changing IP address with IAM release
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Restart telnet server after changing IP address with IAM release

0 votes
My application (NET+OS 9210ME) has the ability to change the IP Network/addresses using IAM. I used the changeIpAddress example program as a guide. The application has a telnet server running. I would like to restart the telnet server without a reboot after changing IP address, i.e. after IAM release. I tried TSClosePort/TSCloseSession/TSOpenPort() combinations but get an error result. The telnet server does not allow connections on the new IP. BTW, I also have a sockets TCP connection (listener) and I am able to close connection, socket, and restart the listener and reconnect without a problem. Is it possible to do something similar with the telnet server? If so what is the order of operations to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,

Adam
asked Apr 27, 2017 in NET+OS by alevine New to the Community (22 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Please tke a look and sample telnet app here:
C:\netos75\src\examples\natelserl\telnet.c
Perhaps this will help you answer your question

Also I'd try to close port before changing the IP.
answered May 2, 2017 by LeonidM Veteran of the Digi Community (2,822 points)
0 votes
Leonid,

Thanks, I was out of the office and meant to provide an update. I believe my first tests were erroneous. When I retested I was able to reconnect the telnet client at the new IP address after the IAMRelease().

As always thanks for the reply and your expert advice.
answered May 2, 2017 by alevine New to the Community (22 points)