Home/Support/Support Forum/XBP9B-XCST-002 does not register in XCTU program

XBP9B-XCST-002 does not register in XCTU program

0 votes
I have two XBEE Pro 3B modules and neither register in XCTU. I note in the net someone else has the same problem - any ideas? These haven't been used - trying to get them running to play with.
asked May 1, 2017 in XCTU by burglarbill New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
What is the full part number of the two XBee modules you are working with and what is the part number of the device you are using to connect them to the PC with?
answered May 1, 2017 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,298 points)
The P/N for Digi is 602-1353-ND. The interface is a sparkfun XB explorer USB card P/N WRL-11812.
 I also have two XBP09-DPSIT-156 MODULES - p/n 602-1169-156 which plug in to the same carrier and they communicate with the XCTU software.
 I tried a recover module and earthed the commissioning pin in case it was asleep. No change.
Just so you know, the part number 602-1353-ND is a Digi Key part number and NOT a Digi part number. So when trying to talk to a Manufacture, it is best to use the Manufactures part number and not a distributors number for that part.

The XSC S3B modules use pins differently than others.  You must modify the Spark Fun board to work with them.
OK. Thank you for that snippet. I will take a closer look at the pin out and see how I go. I liked the concept of these devices, but it seems to be a little more difficult that I thought to get them going. Perseverance!!
That's because the XSC is OLD technology and not going to work with hardware not designed for it.  Now if you had one of the 900HP modules or one of the XBee ZB or 802.15.4, then things would have been different.
0 votes
The P/N for Digi is 602-1353-ND. The interface is a sparkfun XB explorer USB card P/N WRL-11812.
I also have two XBP09-DPSIT-156 MODULES - p/n 602-1169-156 which plug in to the same carrier and they communicate with the XCTU software.
I tried a recover module and earthed the commissioning pin in case it was asleep. No change.
answered May 3, 2017 by burglarbill New to the Community (1 point)