Home/Support/Support Forum/Transpant Mode Tutorial XBee S2C only does loopback

Transpant Mode Tutorial XBee S2C only does loopback

0 votes
Hi,

I am new to the XBee product and to wireless communication. To make a start, I obtained the Digi XBee S2C DigiMesh 2.4 Kit.

Working though the tutorial, I can not get the Transparent Mode to work as described in the tutorial. When I type a message in the console on XBEE_A, the characters are echoed straight back. Nothing is received by XBEE_B and there is no activity on the Rx/Tx LEDs on XBEE_B.

The same occurs when attempting to send a message from XBEE_B to XBEE_A. I have verified that the jumper is NOT in the loopback position and verified many times that the ID and CH settings are the same.

Moving to API mode, a message frame can be successfully sent from XBEE_A to XBEE_B under API Mode 1.

I have also updated the firmware on both devices and the behaviour is the same. It seems there is a missing configuration for Transparent Mode that is not revealed in the tutorial instructions.

Any tips or hints would be greatly appreciated.
asked May 1, 2017 in DigiMesh Proprietary Mesh Networking by Steve_Mayze New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
What are the DL/DH and SL/SH values for each radio?

It should be as follows:

Radio A
DL - SL of Radio B
DH - SH of radio B

Radio B
DL - SL of radio A
DH - SH of radio A
answered May 1, 2017 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,354 points)
selected May 1, 2017 by Steve_Mayze
Thanks. I realised my error not long after submitting the question! But then could not find the question to answer it myself.

I totally misread the instruction and had the Destination address for Radio A as Radio A! ... Thereby forcing a local loopback.

Once I set these values correctly as you indicate above, it all worked as expected.

Thanks again.