Home/Support/Support Forum/Connect Core 6: Wif: How to connect to access point via CLI
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Connect Core 6: Wif: How to connect to access point via CLI

0 votes
Hello,

I have a connect core 6 SBC and have installed the pre-compiled yocto linux installation. I want to connect the onboard wifi to my access point that uses WPA2. I tried using iwconfig to connect to the access point but it fails with
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.

I'm guessing this is because of the WPA2. Can someone please recommend steps to connect to an access point. Furthermore, I would like to enable ssh so any instructions on that with regards to the connect core platform would be great.

Thanks
Kartik
asked May 10, 2017 in Linux by scalaiyer New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
you cafe to edit your wpa_supplicant to contain your network configuration - something like this should work:
network={
ssid="Your SSID Here"
proto=RSN
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
pairwise=CCMP TKIP
group=CCMP TKIP
psk="YourPresharedKeyHere"
}

ssh should already be enabled.
answered May 11, 2017 by LeonidM Veteran of the Digi Community (2,860 points)
I'm sorry I added a question when a comment would have done. I use wpa_client which added my AP creds to the wpa_supplicant.conf file though with far fewer keys (ssid and psk only).  
I was able to connect to the AP, but don't know what tool is available to setup DHCP. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Kartik
https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90001945-13/default.htm#reference/bsp/cc6/r_ethernet.htm?Highlight=network

You can configure the Ethernet settings (IP, netmask, and so on) using the configuration file /etc/network/interfaces. You can manually configure and bring the interface up/down using the ifconfig program

see example here:
https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90001514/default.htm#task/yocto/t_configure_network.htm?Highlight=network/interfaces