Home/Support/Support Forum/How to handle when a Xbee radio Joins a network?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

How to handle when a Xbee radio Joins a network?

0 votes
Hello,

I know that if I start the discovery process (speaking about Java library), a listener class (IDiscoveryListener) bring to me a list of the discovered radios during the process, but there is a "step" that I haven't couldn't catch, and is when an en device radio joinst the network (gattering the same PAN ID)...
I'm using XBEE Pro programmable S2B and working with the java library
asked May 23, 2017 in USB Serial by Molas89 New to the Community (4 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes
I am not sure I understand your question. Can you rephrase it?
answered May 23, 2017 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (12,544 points)
OK np.
I would like to know if with the java lib, there is a kind of ''call back method'' that is executed when a radio joins the network.

This is the environment:

I have a Coordinator radio, and I wan to know if some radio joins the network, the Coordiantor tellsme that one radio has joined the network.
I don't know if the Java Lib can or not but the radio can if you enable API mode and enable the JN command.
0 votes
OK np.
I would like to know if with the java lib, there is a kind of ''call back method'' that is executed when a radio joins the network.

This is the environment:

I have a Coordinator radio, and I wan to know if some radio joins the network, the Coordiantor tellsme that one radio has joined the network.
answered May 31, 2017 by Molas89 New to the Community (4 points)
This is not a trust center function but a function of the Join Notification command or JN command.
0 votes
When a module joins the network.it automatically receive the network key from the so called center.in Xbee network,the trust center always runs inside the coordinator.
answered Sep 14, 2017 by alvina35 New to the Community (8 points)