Home/Support/Support Forum/How to uninstall SW ?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

How to uninstall SW ?

0 votes
I travel for work and brought a Rabbit uC on the road (RCM5700) - I downloaded and installed their SW on my work computer - big mistake. Now it is giving Popups! Ads for their spring special. SALE

This does not show as INSTALLED in windows

I can not see any folders in Programs or x86 folders under Digi, Rabbit, Dynamic (that is their C IDE) - and can not see anything in Startup (msconfig).

Would rather not just delete the folder anyway - since I do not know how they are doing a popup in windows. I need to remove ALL of this.

-- now that this happened I have to remove my arduino and msVS, because the IT group knows and is reviewing my installs! Dammit
asked May 31, 2017 in Rabbit Software by User1147 New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
The Dynamic C installer for the RCM5700 installs to a directory like C:\DCRABBIT_10.72 by default, and I doubt it is responsible for the popup ads you're seeing. I've installed multiple versions of it over 15+ years and never had that experience. I've personally built the installers for 10.72A and 10.72B and they don't include anything like what you're describing.

It appears in add/remove software as "Dynamic C" and you can easily uninstall it there.

It doesn't automatically launch anything on startup, so that's why you don't see it in msconfig.

Who's advertising a "Spring Special Sale" in those popups? Digi International? Can you share some screenshots?

Perhaps an app like Ad-aware or Malwarebytes can find the software responsible for the popups and uninstall it.
answered May 31, 2017 by TomCollins Veteran of the Digi Community (1,439 points)