Home/Support/Support Forum/How to include the Battery Level in a sample frame?

How to include the Battery Level in a sample frame?

0 votes
Hello,

I would like to know how can I send the battery level of the device in a sample frame (this would be the power source connected to 3.3v of the XBee). I read in the product manual that there is a bit in the Analog Channel Mask that would indicate if this value should be sent or not. More specifically, for frames of type 0x92 (Data Sample Rx Indicator) they say:

"If the sample set includes any analog input lines (Analog
Channel Mask > 0), each enabled analog input returns a
2-byte value indicating the A/D measurement of that
input. Analog samples are ordered sequentially from
AD0/DIO0 to AD3/DIO3, to the supply voltage."

An example of the frames I am receiving is this:

7E 00 1A 92 00 13 A2 00 40 AD 36 37 FF FE C1 01 00 10 0F 00 10 03 FC 03 FF 03 FF 03 FF 6B

As you see, I have 1 digital input activated as well as 3 analog inputs. The readings of this last 3 pins are 03FF, 03FF and 03FF. However I cannot see the battery level anywhere in this data. I assume 6B is the checksum.

I am also able to read the battery level of the XBee, if it is connected to the computer using an XBee Explorer and using X-CTU. The parameter "%V Supply Voltage" would give me that.

It would be great if I could include the battery level in the same frame of the samples. Do you know if there is a way to include it?. The model of my device is XBee PRO S3B and the function set is XBee PRO 900HP 200K.

Thanks!
asked Jun 30, 2017 in RF Solutions and XBee by manart New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
I think you read the wrong manual for the nodule you have. https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90002173/Default.htm#reference/r_frame_0x92.htm%3FTocPath%3DOperate%2520in%2520API%2520mode%7CFrame%2520descriptions%7C_____13 shows that you need to query the %V command for that data.
answered Jun 30, 2017 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,450 points)