Home/Support/Support Forum/Is there a DNS / DHCP Server for the RCM4200 under dynamic C?
New and improved user forum site going live on 12/6 (All users will need to reset their password when the new forum is active)
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Is there a DNS / DHCP Server for the RCM4200 under dynamic C?

0 votes
My project requires giving each device on the network (ethernet) a unique name as opposed to using the IP address, as such I'd like to have one of the rabbit devices be the DHCP/DNS master server.
asked Jul 19, 2017 in Rabbit Software by Jim_255 New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Dynamic C 10 includes DHCP server code, as demonstrated in Samples/tcpip/dhcpd_demo.c.

But it does not have a DNS server implementation. If that's a requirement for your project, an embedded Linux platform like Digi's ConnectCore 6UL (https://www.digi.com/products/embedded-systems/system-on-modules/connectcore-for-i-mx6ul) might be a better choice.
answered Jul 19, 2017 by TomCollins Veteran of the Digi Community (2,382 points)