Home/Support/Support Forum/Communication between laptop and atmega2560 via two Xbee S2C
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Communication between laptop and atmega2560 via two Xbee S2C

0 votes
I want to send data to atmega 2560 from my laptop using two Xbee S2C.

- The first Xbee , let's label it A , is to be interfaced with the laptop.
- The second Xbee , let's label it B , is to be interfaced with the atmega 2560.

I want to know how to configure these Xbees to communicate with each other.
I am a beginner , I know only few things :

- The Xbee A will be interfaced with the laptop using Xbee usb adapter , which will facilitate the UART communication between Laptop and Xbee A.
- The Xbee B will be interfaced with the Atmega2560 by providing Xbee B with power and connecting Tx and Rx of the micro controller to that of Xbee B.These two will then communicate via UART.

I am also not clear that the controller's Tx and Rx pin will connect to Xbee B's Tx and Rx pin respectively or the other way around. Please guide.
asked Aug 15, 2017 in Embedded Devices by braveheart New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
Take a look at https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/Digidocs/90001500/Default.htm#Concepts/c_UART_data_flow.htm%3FTocPath%3DOperation%7CSerial%2520interface%7CUART%2520data%2520flow%7C_____0
That should answer your question.

Suggest using the 802.15.4 versions of the XBee. There default configuration is Peer to peer at 9600 baud.
answered Aug 15, 2017 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (15,413 points)
selected Aug 17, 2017 by braveheart