Home/Support/Support Forum/How to revert a ConnectPort X4 back to completely fresh out of the box
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

How to revert a ConnectPort X4 back to completely fresh out of the box

0 votes
I have a ConnectPort X4 that is stuck in a time loop. The time doesn't advance along with the uptime. I have used the Factory Default Settings Restore option and deselecting Keep these: network, security and host keys/certs. I have also performed a hard reset using the button and watching for the flashes 1,1,1 and 1,5,1. During both of these processes it didn't wipe the python files, reset the time/date back to the usual Jan 1 2000 (the same as when you first get it out of the box) and the PAN ID hasn't been reset.

Is there something I'm missing, I want to wipe it and start a fresh.

Thank you
asked Aug 24, 2017 in Digi Connect Cellular by MissST New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Python files have to be manually deleted from the python directory.

For the XBee, simply set the PAN ID to 0.

As for the other, generally holding the push button in while it is booting till the lights flash generally takes care of it.
answered Sep 7, 2017 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,302 points)
Definitely faulty then as I have tried all of the above. Thank you
I am not sure you understand.  Doing the push button does not delete the files or change any of the XBee settings. You have to do that manually.  Holding down the button till the lights flash (which if I recall takes about 20 to 30 seconds) only resets the other settings.
Everything in your first comment I have already done.

'Python files have to be manually deleted from the python directory.

For the XBee, simply set the PAN ID to 0.

As for the other, generally holding the push button in while it is booting till the lights flash generally takes care of it.'

It is still stuck in a time loop. Thanks for your help.