Home/Support/Support Forum/New connectport X2D - unable to discover any ZB devices
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

New connectport X2D - unable to discover any ZB devices

0 votes
Hi, sorry in advance if this is a very basic question.

I am a little confused with setting up a new X2D ZB Router.

Currently, I have both an X2D and an X4 ZB routers and a wall plug type temp/light sensor ( xbr-001-06 ).

In the Digi remote management site if I remove all devices and add the X4 and then go to the "XBee Networks" page. I can see the X4 details and its role is a "Coordinator". I can then do a discover and see the wall plug sensor appear in the list. ( in XBee Networks page )

My problem: If I remove all devices again and add the new X2D router to the Digi remote management site I can see the device listed and is connected, in the "Devices" page. But in the "XBee Networks" page there is no entry at all. Strangely if I then add the X4 to "Devices" and in turn navigate to the "XBee Networks" page the X2 will then show in the list as a "router" for the role (as opposed to Coordinator for the X4).

In summary, I can't seem to add the X2D to the "XBee Networks" page and then do a discovery for the wall plug sensor in the same way as the X4.

What I expected: I thought I could add the X2D to "Devices" then in "XBee Networks" page see the X2D listed and perform a discover for ZB devices/sensors in the same way as I could with the X4.

Please help - I am hoping the issue is a simple setting that I have missed.

Thank you for you time
asked Oct 20, 2017 in Digi Remote Manager by chrisgoder New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
That is because the New X2D is configured as a Router and not a Coordinator. Only coordinators can establish networks. To resolve this, enable the CE command on your X2D and then issue a Global network reset (ATNR1) on your other XBee modules. This will tell them to release the current coordinator and network settings and go search for a new Coordinator.
answered Oct 24, 2017 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (12,834 points)
Thank you, your reply has fixed my problem :)