Home/Support/Support Forum/Is an active cellular connection required to start reading analog sensor values?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Is an active cellular connection required to start reading analog sensor values?

0 votes
I recently purchased a Connect Sensor+ Verizon LTE, and I haven't yet received my pre-activated SIM card. While I wait, I read through the documentation and connected an analog moisture sensor to the CS+. The sensor needs to be powered by the CS+, so I have to enable analog power to it. Since the CS+ is not on the cell network, I connected it to my laptop and used Putty to send it the following CLI commands:
-set ain1 ena=on
-set avout1 ena=on
-set avout1 out=5
-set avout1 rdl=0

I connected the sensor to the A1 pwr, in, & grnd as required. When I run STATUS command on the terminal session, I see a status for 'Analog Input 1: XXX V' (the XXX is a number from 0 - 0.1, it varies per status call). It's not reading any Voltage readings from the sensor. Also, when I connect a multimeter to the Analog 1 terminals, I don't get any voltage across the power terminal, so it seems like the sensor isn't even getting power.

I've re-read the documentation and wiring guidelines, and I can't see what I could be doing wrong. Does the CS+ need an active cellular connection in order to send power to the Analog inputs and read values?
asked Dec 22, 2017 in Digi Connect Cellular by mpfluger New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.