I recently purchased the XBee ZigBee Cloud Kit. But I've hit a problem I can't get past.
Xbee Gateway - ZB, WiFi (Firmware 22.214.171.124)
Xbee onboard radio (XBP24C-XBEE PRO Fw: 405F)
Xbee remote radio (XBP24C-XBEE TH PRO Fw: 405F)
Here is what I've done:
1.) Connected the Gateway to my local Wi-Fi. (no problem here)
2.) Create Device Cloud account (no problem here).
3.) Add Xbee Gateway to Device Cloud (this is where my problems start)
I've added the Gateway, and it shows that it's "connected"; however, the status is "Unknown" and when I click on "Xbee Networks", I don't see the onboard Xbee radio or my Xbee radio that is connected to my development board. I originally tried doing all of this setup through "xbeegateway.herokuapp.com", but while I was able to find my Gateway (step 2.), I couldn't find my Xbee (step 3.). I pushed the "Don't see your Xbee?" button, but it does nothing (literally nothing). So, for now I'm just working in the Device Cloud, since I imagine I can't find my xbee on the app because my Xbee network isn't showing up in Device cloud, right?
One very strange thing, is that the MAC address that shows up in the Device Cloud after I add my device, doesn’t match the MAC address I typed in when adding the device (which is the Serial Number on the back of the Gateway). The MAC I type and the MAC that shows up in the “Devices” field of the Device Cloud are one number off. Can this be right?
The kit comes with the Gateway, a development board, and an Xbee Pro S2C.
- The "Associate" light is blinking indicating that it is connected to the "Coordinator" Xbee in the Gateway.
- If I log into the Gateway Web GUI locally (http://192.168.xx), I see that both the local Xbee (coordinator) and remote Xbee (router)
- I’ve re-added the device 10+ times.
- I’ve updated the firmware on both the remote Xbee and the Xbee inside the Gateway (versions listed at the top).
- I’ve read through many of the docs and forum posts.
Other strange behavior:
- On the Xbee Gateway Web Interface, under “Device Information”, the “Current System Status” and “Network Connectivity Status” never populate.
This is my first exposure to Xbee ZigBee modules and the Xbee Wi-Fi Gateway, so I’m not sure where to go next. I'm super frustrated at this point.