Home/Support/Support Forum/RCM6700: Seeing HTTP: TIMEOUT! from http.lib, unsure why
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

RCM6700: Seeing HTTP: TIMEOUT! from http.lib, unsure why

+1 vote
I have a reference RCM6700 board and running a web server, since adding authentication to the page the client looks to hang but if left long enough it loads.

This is an intermittent issue, it doesn't always hang.

I enabled HTTP_VERBOSE and see the below snippet, sometimes it times out multiple times, sometimes not at all.

I've tried increasing HTTP_MAXBUFFER up to 2048.

Can anyone offer any help? Could it be something I'm not setting that is causing the issue or setting incorrectly?

verbose output:
HTTP: digest; resource=/netconfig.shtml realm=User
----HTTP: getline: ''
HTTP: state changed to 4->6
HTTP: sending 401 for /netconfig.shtml, realm User
HTTP: state changed to 6->10
HTTP: state changed to 10->11
HTTP: state changed to 11->9
HTTP: socket ended in state 9
HTTP: state changed to 9->2
HTTP: socket established
HTTP: state changed to 2->3
HTTP: TIMEOUT!
HTTP: socket ended in state 9
HTTP: state changed to 3->2
HTTP: socket established
HTTP: state changed to 2->3
----HTTP: getline: 'GET /netconfig.shtml HTTP/1.1'
asked Jan 24, 2018 in Rabbit Software by shill New to the Community (4 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Looks like the timeout happened in HTTP_GETREQ (state 3) and it wasn't able to read a line. Can you use a packet sniffer (Wireshark) on the PC sending the request to see what the headers look like? Maybe increasing HTTP_MAXSERVERS would help?

Can you try one of the sample programs with authentication to see if that works? If not, reply with steps to reproduce the failure and I can investigate it.
answered Jan 25, 2018 by TomCollins Veteran of the Digi Community (1,439 points)
0 votes
Samples programmes were all fine.

Changing HTTP_MAXSERVERS to 8 resolved this issue, I had it set to 4 previously. Is 8 ok?

My application is monitoring/setting GPIO with web and rs232 interface to enable this, setting to 8 didn't give any noticeable error or issue.

Thanks.
answered Feb 5, 2018 by shill New to the Community (4 points)
Yes, that's OK.  Web browsers like to make multiple simultaneous requests, so increasing HTTP_MAXSERVERS to support that is a good idea (at the cost of using some additional RAM).  You can always view the MAP file from a build to see how much space your code, constants and variables use.