Home/Support/Support Forum/Build core-image-base fails because of TCF Agent
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Build core-image-base fails because of TCF Agent

0 votes
Hi,

Target: i.MX6UL Starter Kit
Host OS: Ubuntu-16.04 LTS (x86_64)
Build Environment: Digi Embedded Yocto
Issue: Build images failed due to invalid TCF agent link

I installed the Digi Embedded Yocto following this guide:
https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90001548/#task/yocto/t_install_dey.htm%3FTocPath%3DDigi%2520Embedded%2520Yocto%7CSystem%2520development%7C_____1

Then I'm trying to build project with core-image-base conf:
https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90001548/#task/yocto/t_create_build_projects_yocto.htm%3FTocPath%3DDigi%2520Embedded%2520Yocto%7CSystem%2520development%7C_____2

But I'm facing the following issue about TCF agent that can't be fetched from the following and even on mirrors:
git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/tcf/org.eclipse.tcf.agent;branch=1.5_oxygen_bugfix

Access to the link: "git.eclipse.org/gitroot/tcf/org.eclipse.tcf.agent" on a navigator confirms that (404 file not found).
Here is the right link:
git.eclipse.org/c/tcf/org.eclipse.tcf.agent.git

Below is the output of the compilation error:
WARNING: tcf-agent-1.5+gitAUTOINC+5ec928ddf6-r0 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/tcf/org.eclipse.tcf.agent;branch=1.5_oxygen_bugfix, attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: tcf-agent-1.5+gitAUTOINC+5ec928ddf6-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Fetch command export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-PrOtj6aeas"; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK="/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh"; export PATH="/home/younes/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/tmp/sysroots-uninative/x86_64-linux/usr/bin:/usr/local/dey-2.2/sources/poky/scripts:/home/younes/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/arm-dey-linux-gnueabi:/home/younes/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/tmp/sysroots/ccimx6ulstarter/usr/bin/crossscripts:/home/younes/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/sbin:/home/younes/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin:/home/younes/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/sbin:/home/younes/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/bin:/usr/local/dey-2.2/sources/meta-digi/scripts:/usr/local/dey-2.2/sources/poky/scripts:/usr/local/dey-2.2/sources/poky/bitbake/bin:/home/younes/bin:/home/younes/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin"; export HOME="/home/younes"; LANG=C git -c core.fsyncobjectfiles=0 fetch -f --prune --progress git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/tcf/org.eclipse.tcf.agent refs/*:refs/* failed with exit code 128, output:
fatal: https://git.eclipse.org/git/gitroot/tcf/org.eclipse.tcf.agent/info/refs not valid: is this a git repository?

ERROR: tcf-agent-1.5+gitAUTOINC+5ec928ddf6-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/tcf/org.eclipse.tcf.agent;branch=1.5_oxygen_bugfix'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.
ERROR: tcf-agent-1.5+gitAUTOINC+5ec928ddf6-r0 do_fetch: Function failed: base_do_fetch
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/younes/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/tmp/work/cortexa7hf-neon-dey-linux-gnueabi/tcf-agent/1.5+gitAUTOINC+5ec928ddf6-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.30302
ERROR: Task (/usr/local/dey-2.2/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/tcf-agent/tcf-agent_git.bb:do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1849 tasks of which 1836 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
/usr/local/dey-2.2/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/tcf-agent/tcf-agent_git.bb:do_fetch
Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There were 3 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Checking the tcf-agent.service shows that it isn't loaded and inactive:
● tcf-agent.service
Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
Active: inactive (dead)

Could you please help me to resolve this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Younes
asked Feb 5, 2018 in Linux by YounesC New to the Community (21 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer
looks like the location has changed to http://git.eclipse.org/c/tcf/org.eclipse.tcf.agent.git

note added /c/

you should be able to manually download and place into downloads folder
answered Feb 10, 2018 by LeonidM Veteran of the Digi Community (3,212 points)
selected Feb 12, 2018 by YounesC
0 votes
Hi,

Thanks Leonid for your answer.

Here how I proceeded to workaround the issue:

I placed the tcf-agent_git.bb file located in:
dey-2.2/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/tcf-agent/

Under:
dey-2.2/sources/meta-digi/meta-digi-dey/recipes-devtools/tcf-agent/

And renamed it to: tcf-agent_git.bbappend

Then launched again the following command, and it worked:
# bitbake core-image-base

But I had TCF-Agent (1.4 Neon) because in this imported file, it's configured like this; instead of TCF-Agent (1.5 Oxygen).

Regards.

YC
answered Feb 15, 2018 by YounesC New to the Community (21 points)