Home/Support/Support Forum/How to set up PRO 900 HP modules to form network with routers and sleeping sensors?

How to set up PRO 900 HP modules to form network with routers and sleeping sensors?

0 votes
Newbie here, please bear with me.

I want to form a network of a PC-connected module talking through several always-on middleman modules (thus acting as range extenders) to distant endpoint modules which will be on asynchronous cyclic sleep with pin wake-up(SM=5). The "Base Unit" connected to the PC will be in API mode so that I can talk to it using C# code.

I need the modules to wake up approximately every 4 minutes so that I can monitor them. Ideally, I would get them to return battery voltage. After that, they should go back to sleep to conserve power.

I have connected my digital I/O contacts so that sleep request is de-asserted when the sensor reading is to be taken on another digital I/O line. If I read the various docs and forum posts correctly, that is problematic, and I need to do I/O sampling so that a reading will be sent on wakeup. Is that correct?

I will also set an output on these modules every so often (a heartbeat) and also set the output when the digital I/O is actuated.

I have been successful at using one module as an indirect polling coordinator, with TO = 0x40. and the sensor as an Indirect Message Poller. Some of the docs I'm reading say that this is Point-to-Multipoint, and it only works in a star configuration. Other docs show a mesh-like configuration. Which is right? Is there no routing in P2MP?

Should I be using Digimesh instead of P2MP for this?
asked Feb 5, 2018 in RF Solutions and XBee by Paul Heitkemper New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
This is probably something that would be best being emailed to Digi Sales or Support instead of posting here on the forum.
answered Feb 6, 2018 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,300 points)
selected Feb 6, 2018 by Paul Heitkemper