Home/Support/Support Forum/Match descriptor request/response issue

Match descriptor request/response issue

0 votes
I need to use XB24C ZIGBEE module as a coordinator to handle some ZIGBEE messages like Match Descriptor Request, but I can't receive Match Descriptor Request from XBee serial port.
Dose anyone can help me.
Thanks.

BTW, Silicon Labs ZIGBEE stack can allow user register service descriptor request/response to stack, and it will be handled by the stack automatically, does XBEE has this API?
asked Feb 27, 2018 in RF Solutions and XBee by eltham New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Set ATAO=3 on your XBee. This will enable pass-thru of ZDO messages so that you can respond from your application rather than handled by the XBee.

Documented as "3 - enable ZDO passthrough of ZDO requests to the serial port which are not supported by the stack, as well as Simple_Desc_req, Active_EP_req, and Match_Desc_req."

You might also take a look at the linked library. It is provided by Digi and implements a lot of ZDO and ZCL support on top of the XBee. Ported to several platforms and not hard to add support for a new platform. Even if you don't use it might be a reasonable reference.

https://github.com/digidotcom/xbee_ansic_library
answered Mar 4, 2018 by jlovinger Veteran of the Digi Community (421 points)