Home/Support/Support Forum/How to generate libbeecrypt.so and add it to the cross compile toolchain ?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

How to generate libbeecrypt.so and add it to the cross compile toolchain ?

0 votes
Host OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS x86_64
Target: ConnectCore i.MX6UL Starter
Target OS: Embedded Linux
Build Environment: DEY-2.2 | cortexa7hf-neon-dey-linux-gnueabi dey-2.2-r3 toolchain
Issue: Can't find libbeecrypt.so shared library

I installed the pre-compiled toolchain following this link:
https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90001548/#task/eclipse_ide/new/1_install_a_pre_compiled_toolchain.htm%3FTocPath%3DDigi%2520Embedded%2520Yocto%7CApplication%2520development%7CDevelop%2520using%2520command%2520line%7C_____1

Then exported the toolchain environment by:
# . /opt/dey/2.2-r3/environment-setup-cortexa7hf-neon-dey-linux-gnueabi

When trying to cross compile my application, the linker real-ld says that the -lbeecrypt library is not found.
-lbeecrypt is included in my LDFLAGS Makefile.

On the environment-setup-cortexa7hf-neon-dey-linux-gnueabi, the linker is configured as the following:
# export SDKTARGETSYSROOT=/opt/dey/2.2-r3/sysroots/cortexa7hf-neon-dey-linux-gnueabi
# export LD="arm-dey-linux-gnueabi-ld --sysroot=$SDKTARGETSYSROOT"

I tried to search for libbeerypt.so on the cross compile toolchain installed under:
/opt/dey/2.2-r3
It's neither under sysroots/cortexa7hf-neon-dey-linux-gnueabi/lib directory nor sysroots/cortexa7hf-neon-dey-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib directory.
Where (lib and usr/lib) I can find all other libraries that I need to compile my application, included in my LDFLAGS Makefile.

But I can find the beecrypt sources under:
sysroots/cortexa7hf-neon-dey-linux-gnueabi/usr/src/debug/rpm/5.4.16-r0/rpm-5.4.15/beecrypt

My question is how to build these beecrypt sources to generate a libbeecrypt.so shared library included in lib or usr/lib directories ?
This way the linker real-ld can match with -lbeecrypt library.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

YC
asked Mar 12, 2018 in Linux by YounesC New to the Community (21 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer
try to add it to your workspace project for your platform, bitbake it, then do "bitbake -c populate_sdk dey-image-qt"
This should generate both target images and sdk that include the library. Once its there you can find where it goes if you still want to.
answered Mar 12, 2018 by LeonidM Veteran of the Digi Community (3,028 points)
selected Mar 13, 2018 by YounesC
0 votes
Hi Leonid,

Thanks for your answer.

I did it but a bit differently.

On my dey-image-tiny, I added the beecrypt package to the IMAGE_INSTALL, then bitbake this image.

After flashing the target with this new image, I found under /usr/lib directory these two shared libraries:
libbeecrypt.so.7 & libbeecrypt.so.7.0.0 .

I took the libbeecrypt.so.7, renamed it to libbeecrypt.so and put it in the cross compile toolchain under:
/opt/dey/2.2-r3/sysroots/cortexa7hf-neon-dey-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/

It worked, because I have no more the error telling that the linker real-ld couldn't find -lbeecrypt .

Regards.

YC
answered Mar 13, 2018 by YounesC New to the Community (21 points)