Home/Support/Support Forum/MicroPython XCTU: part of sys module with attribute errors

MicroPython XCTU: part of sys module with attribute errors

0 votes
Hello,
I´m using an Xbee 3G Global: "Firmware version 11309[Factory] MAC only Oct 6 2017 13:54:08".

In the MicroPython Terminal, I have got:

MicroPython v1.9.1-538-g22df23d on 2017-10-06; XBC 3G Global with EFM32G
Type "help()" for more information.
>>> import sys
>>> sys.implementation
('micropython', (1, 9, 1))
>>> sys.version
'3.4.0'
>>> sys.stdin
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'stdin'
>>>

It seems that a part of the sys module is no more here (stdin, stdout, stderr and modules). This module worked fine with a small code. But after loading a larger code, it went wrong. An update of the radio module firmware doesn´t help. What wrong did I do and is there any solution ?
Thanks.
asked Mar 20, 2018 in MicroPython by herve New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
The sys.stdin feature wasn't included in the 11309 release, but will be in the next (1130A) release. It is present in the 100A and 3100A releases for LTE Cat 1 products.

I do not know the scheduled release date for 1130A.
answered Mar 20, 2018 by TomCollins Veteran of the Digi Community (1,465 points)
selected Mar 21, 2018 by herve
Thanks for your answer.
I used  sys.stdin and sys.stdout in the 11308 release first and it worked well within a small code size. Then I loaded larger code with some problem like memory allocation error, buffer full... I have the feeling that I removed some part of library or python modules by loading my micropython code. Then I updated to 11309 with the result you know. What is the maximum micropython loadable code  size and is there anything to do/know in order not to remove anything ? Thanks.
Later this month there should be a 1130B release that includes support for a file system and modules that you can "import" into your main program.  Perhaps that will help with your code size limits.