Home/Support/Support Forum/GPIO stopped working after upgrade to DEY 2.2-r3
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

GPIO stopped working after upgrade to DEY 2.2-r3

0 votes
Upgraded from DEY 2.2-r1 to DEY 2.2-r2 and GPIO has stopped working. Writing value to /sys/class/gpio/gpio5/value does cause value to be written to device.
asked Apr 5, 2018 in Linux by tom.roberts New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
DEY-2.4-r1 is the latest release, and the problem could be due to the differences in device tree? Perhaps this GPIO is used by something else now? I would explicitly define it as GPIO there.
answered Apr 6, 2018 by LeonidM Veteran of the Digi Community (4,355 points)
The four gpio we use were missing after the upgrade to 2.2-r3. I had to export each of them (e.g., echo 5 > /sys/class/gpio/export).
At this point, I can write to the gpio (e.g., echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio5/value) nothing happens.

I now suspect the problem is related to the fact that when I try to write I2C_SLAVE to /dev/i2c-0 while preparing to read a value, I get errno 6 "No such device or address"
do you see /dev/i2c-0 with ls ? Have you tried running tests from https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90002285/#reference/bsp/v4-9_6ul/r_i2c_6ul.htm
Thank you for sticking with me...

I see /dev/i2c-0 under 2.2r3
# ls -l /dev/i2c-0
crw-rw----    1 root     digiapix   89,   0 Apr  5 14:34 /dev/i2c-0
It differs from 2.2r1 with group permits and ownership
# ls -la /dev/i2c-0
crw-------    1 root     root       89,   0 Jan  1  1970 /dev/i2c-0

I have run i2cdetect, my device as at bus address 0x12. I see the device under r1, I do not see it under r3.
yes digi apix was introduced in dey-2.2r3:
https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90002286/#reference/apix/r_apix_i2c.htm
There is an Eclipse based IDE now and i2c apix example there. give it a try.