Home/Support/Support Forum/How can we change the splash screen of the Digi Embedded Yocto v2.4
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

How can we change the splash screen of the Digi Embedded Yocto v2.4

+1 vote
How can we change the Digi splash screen of the embedded yocto. Which file do i need to change. Is it in the u-boot or in the meta-digi library.
asked May 30, 2018 in Linux by gabriel.bernatchez New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Logo is displayed by Linux kernel:
https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90002285/#reference/bsp/v4-9_6ul/r_video_6ul.htm

Kernel configuration
You can manage the video support through the following kernel configuration options:

MXS LCD framebuffer support (CONFIG_FB_MXS)
Support for frame buffer devices (CONFIG_FB)
Low-level LCD controls (LCD_CLASS_DEVICE)
Platform LCD controls (LCD_PLATFORM)
Show the logo centered in the screen (FB_LOGO_CENTERED)
Custom logo 224-color (displays logo_custom_clut224.ppm) (LOGO_CUSTOM_CLUT224)
MXC PxP V4L2 driver (CONFIG_VIDEO_MXC_PXP_V4L2)
answered Jun 3, 2018 by LeonidM Veteran of the Digi Community (3,026 points)
0 votes
The Logo can be found in the bitbake build directory under "tmp/work-shared/ccimx6sbc/kernel-source/drivers/video/logo/logo_custom_clut224.ppm"

Replace the image there with your own pic. I used netpbm to convert a png to ppm:

$ sudo apt-get install netpbm
$ pngtopnm logo.png | ppmquant 224 | pnmnoraw > logo_linux_clut224.ppm

I also had to remove the compiled logo_linux_clut224.c and .o files from '/tmp/work/ccimx6sbc-dey-linux-gnueabi/linux-dey/4.9-r0/build/drivers/video/logo/' to force a recompile.

Reconfigure and recompile the kernel then bake the OS again.
$ bitbake -C configure virtual/kernel
$ bitbake -C compile virtual/kernel
$ bitbake -c cleanall {image}
$ bitbake {image}
answered Sep 9 by DigiDabbler New to the Community (15 points)