Home/Support/Support Forum/DIGI XBee Cellular LTE CAT 1 DEV communication with Arduino and connected node
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

DIGI XBee Cellular LTE CAT 1 DEV communication with Arduino and connected node

0 votes
I have recently purchased two DIGI XBEE CELLULAR LTE CAT 1 DEV.

My target: Data collection in a local PC from a remote sensor, where the remote sensor is connected to an arduino to an XBee Cellular. The local PC should be able to collect the data, and plot them. I will perhaps need to develop a Graphical User Interface, or develop a web app.

I have no clue what to do in order to meet my goal and I have so many questions... please help me

1. What are the options/requirements of additional local hardware in order to establish the connection? Is a sole PC with internet access sufficient? Or do I need a XBee Cellular locally as well ?
2. I envisioned a PC to be the local end terminal. But perhaps I could replace with a smart phone to achieve the same goal?
3. The remote sensor data first will be collected and processed by an Arduino Zero. The data will then be sent to the XBee through serial ports. I connected my arduino zero's TX with XBee Rx, and zero's Rx with XBee Tx. and I have the following arduino code:

void setup() {
// put your setup code here, to run once:
Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
delay(5000);
Serial.println("Hello World");
}

Is there any easy way to check if the communication between my arduino and XBee is successfully or not?
asked Jun 8, 2018 in Digi Connect Cellular by soleilsword New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.