Home/Support/Support Forum/Freescale MC9508 secondary processor not talking to EM357 radio

Freescale MC9508 secondary processor not talking to EM357 radio

0 votes
I have an XBee S2CTH (XB24CZ7UIT) module running version 4060 of the zigbee firmware. It is configured as a router. I wrote and compiled an application program in CodeWarrior and uploaded it to the module using the XModem feature in the legacy X-CTU program. It seems to start up ok and output is displaced in the Terminal window.

I setup an API Transmit frame (formulated using the XCTU Frames Generator, so it is a valid packet) and then try to send it from the application to the radio using uart_write (after initialization: radio_uart_config (115200, UART_CFG_BITS_8 | UART_CFG_PARITY_DIS)).

The packet contents are displayed in the Terminal window; however, it seems they are not sent serially to the radio. That is, uart_write appears to be sending the data out to the host on the external DOUT line instead of the internal DOUT_Radio line. This is wrong - what am I missing?

Also, the RSSI light lights up at startup when, I presume, the device joins the network. This is confirmed by the output from my xbee_modem_status_handler ISR which is called for this event.

I feel it must be a configuration issue - something fundamental, but the SDK documentation is lean. Any help here much appreciated.
Thx.
asked Jul 25, 2018 in RF Solutions and XBee by djmauro New to the Community (4 points)
edited Jul 25, 2018 by djmauro

Please log in or register to answer this question.