Home/Support/Support Forum/Xbee device's serial port closed.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Xbee device's serial port closed.

+1 vote
Hi there,

I am using Xbee S2C and I connected it to Rpi 3B, Rpi 3B+ with USB. I wrote a python application that establishes communication with the Xbee device. I am using digi-xbee library. I have several questions;

First: During the communication process, Xbee device sometimes returns "Xbee device's serial port closed" exception without any reasonable problem, I mostly got this while sending and receiving messages but it is totally random. However, when it returns this exception I cannot control the device anymore. I tried to close the serial port and reconnect, but it fails too. The only solution I found was to unplug the USB connection and replug it, which is not efficient.

Second: During the communication process, the Xbee device sometimes returns "" exception when I tried to send data. There is nothing inside the exception. I basically say "except Exception as error:" then "logging.error(error)" or "print(error)", but there is nothing inside the "error" response. After this exception, I can continue my process and I can use the device perfectly, however, my package lost. I don't know the reason again. Also, this one works totally random too.

Thank you for your help.
asked Aug 1, 2018 in USB by HVK New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.