Home/Support/Support Forum/XBee Pro XBIB-R-DEV assistance
New and improved user forum site going live on 12/6 (All users will need to reset their password when the new forum is active)
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

XBee Pro XBIB-R-DEV assistance

0 votes
Had several modules and boards stored away. Dug these out, as I eed to create a simple link between a serial device and a workstation. Need a quick start or other help. Unfortunately these units are old. Can load firmware on some, but they don't connect. Here's what I have:

I have:
2 x Maxstream XBEE Pro WITH WIRE ANTENNA (XBP24-AWI-001)
1 x Maxstream XBEE Pro WITH ANTENNA CONNECTOR (XBP24-AUI-001)
1 x Maxstream XBEE WITH FLAT ANTENNA (XB24-ACI-001)
1 x Maxstream XBEE WITH WIRE ANTENNA (XB24-AWI-001)
2 x Maxstream XBEE SERIES 2 WITH WIRE ANTENNA (XB24-BWIT-004)
1 x Maxstream XBEE SERIES 2 WITH SMA JACK(XB24-BSIT-004)
1 x Maxstream XBEE SERIES 2 WITH ANTENNA CONNECTOR (XB24-BUIT-004)
1 x Maxstream XBEE SERIES 2 WITH FLAT ANTENNA (XB24-BCIT-004)

Boards:
3 x XBIB-R-DEV REV 4
2 x XBIB-R REV 6
2 x XBIB-U REV 5
2 x XBIB-U-DEV REV 3

Various cables and adapters

Questions:
1. are these so old that they are no longer supported?
2. which board/xbee combinations might be best to use in setting up a simple r2232-to-rs232 link?

The link setup I'd like to get running attaches a device (RS232 9600,N,8,1) to a workstation with an RS232 terminal (using putty).

I've so far been able to configure the XBEE PRO units in the XBIB-R-DEV REV 4 boards using XCTU. However, despite setting the parameters of the two units as described below, they do not communicate. I expect that whatever appears on the RS232 RxD on one unit will come out on TxD on the other, and vice-versa. Setting baud rate same on both units, ect.
asked Aug 13, 2018 in Other/Legacy by ARS-k1mgy New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.