Home/Support/Support Forum/S3B Legacy Packet Mode: Datasheet says "Set A0=2" but XCTU doesn't support this option

S3B Legacy Packet Mode: Datasheet says "Set A0=2" but XCTU doesn't support this option

0 votes
Hello,

I am transitioning a legacy system using Series 1 xbees in API mode to 900 Mhz series 3b xbees. Specifically, I am using a XBP9B-DMST-002 rev H.

I am trying to make this module drop-in compatible with my software. It seems that there is sufficient legacy support for the modules to achieve this goal.

I am successfully sending messages using the legacy API TX Request Frame (0x00). Messages are being received on the other end, but the packet comes in as a Recieve Packet Frame (0x90).

I want to receive messages as The Legacy RX Indicator Frame (0x80), which is identical to the series 1 API.

There is a line on page 130 of the datasheet: "When a device in Legacy Packet Mode (AO = 2) receives an RF data packet, it sends this frame out the
serial interface."

In XCTU, AO can only be set to 0 or 1. Is the legacy packet (0x80) supported, and if so, can I use XCTU to set AO = 2 or do I have to do it in my own code?

Thank you!
asked Sep 6, 2018 in XBee3 DigiMesh by 11douglash New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.