Home/Support/Support Forum/Digi Xbee Cellular 3G : Use MQTT over the XBee Cellular Modem with a PC
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Digi Xbee Cellular 3G : Use MQTT over the XBee Cellular Modem with a PC

0 votes
Hello,

I am using the "DIGI XBEE CELLULAR 3G GLOBAL Development Kit" and I would like to use the module to send and receive messages to a MQtt broker.
I followed the examples that are mentioned in this documentation "https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90001541/" to use MQtt over Digi Xbee. The examples that I tested didn't work for me. Here is a summary of what I did :
1) First of all, to test the python scripts to publish and subscribe to the MQtt broker (m2m.eclipse.org), I connected them directly to the borker using my internet connection and without using the Digi Xbee module. When I published a message, I received it correctly so these two scripts are validated.

2) After that, I connected the Digi Xbee module to the XCTU application on windows and tried to connect to the broker using the console. I received a valid CONNACK packet response from the broker so the Digi Xbee is connected.

3) I kept the Digi Xbee on power but I connected the serial port to my raspberry

4) I launched the proxy script that is given in the example, then i connected the Mqtt client to the proxy using a socket to the localhost. When I launch the client, after some time the socket is closed and nothing is received from the broker through the DigiXbee module.I tried also to publish a message from an other script but nothing is received.

I dont know what I did wrong. Can someone explain for me ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Antony
asked Sep 28, 2018 in Digi Connect Cellular by antonyab New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.