Home/Support/Support Forum/Can't use USB Anywhere through VPN
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Can't use USB Anywhere through VPN

0 votes
I am trying to use the USB Anywhere in a remote configuration and connect through a VPN tunnel. On the USB Hub side, I am connecting through a serial-CANBUS dongle to a CANBUS device.

I have configured the USB anywhere, and CAN PING IT THROUGH THE VPN TUNNEL. HOWEVER, I am unable to see the Hub on the Remote Hub Device Configurator application unless I am connected locally through the LAN port on my PC... Through the tunnel I am able to pull up the web interface of the Hub.

Is there a certain MTU that the device requires? The tunnel is set up to use 1414 MTU. I took off "Encryption enabled" but allowed "Tunnel Enabled" as the VPN already encrypts the data.. makes no difference with this on or off.

The CANBUS device that I am trying to connect to obviously doesn't send a broadcast signal - at least an IP based broadcast that would get blocked by the router...

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
asked Nov 12, 2018 in USB Serial by lwiese New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
The AnywhereUSB/2 features two USB ports capable of supporting USB 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 devices, although USB 2.0 devices top out at a transmission speed of 12 Mbps, even on a 100 Mbps network.

For error issue visit: https://www.printererrorrepair.com/blog/hp-printer-not-connecting-to-computer/
answered Nov 14, 2018 by ricklucher New to the Community (1 point)