Home/Support/Support Forum/Difference between Xbee3 & S2C & S1

Difference between Xbee3 & S2C & S1

0 votes
I’m searching for something to setup a lower power (Battery) Mesh Network. In my search I came out on the XBEE3. In my previous job, I have heard about it (XBEE 2) but never used it myself. It’s looks very interesting but I have some questions. In the description it was mentioned that it is one module for all protocols including Zigbee and DigiMesh. So if I understand correctly Xbee S1 is DigiMesh, XBEE S2C is Zigbee, XBEE 3 can do both?
I’m not sure jet which protocol I’m going to use. What I like to create is an automation system. The inputs are battery supplied, they mostly sleep. All non-electrical outputs will be battery supplied as well, such as valves (Water and compressed air), because there is no electrical connection nearby. For the electrical components I can do an AC-DC conversion. What do you recommend?
I don’t think it is possible but I have to ask, is there a possibility that de XBEE can wake up by an wireless command?
I can program the XBEE 3 in MicroPyton, what do I need for it? Software, hardware? Can all XBEE’s be programmed?
asked Jan 6, 2019 in RF Solutions and XBee by MNX New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.