Home/Support/Support Forum/Programmable XB24C xbee_transparent_serial stops after period of time

Programmable XB24C xbee_transparent_serial stops after period of time

0 votes
I have an application where I have a programmable XB24C ZIGBEE Reg (firmware 4060) sending data with xbee_transparent_serial to a X-stick coordinator (firmware 21A7). The application works great and sends my command data 10 times a second. The problem is that sometimes after about 500 to 1000 packets are sent, I no longer receive more data on the X stick. I can monitor the XB24C through uart and see that it is still performing it's code properly acting like it is sending data and the xbee_transparent_serial command is still returning a 0 that it was successful.
I can also use the X-stick to remotely send AT commands to the XB24C and they work. I also can request I/O updates with the x-stick to the XB24C and I receive up to date I/O info. But the data packets still show they are being sent but they never show up at the X-stick after.

The extremely odd thing is that sometimes the system will run fine for days (1,000,000+ packets) at a time without skipping a beat. But sometimes (always after powering down and up of the XB24c,) the x-stick receives only between 500 and 1000 packets and then does not receive any more of the data packets.

To get out of the issue I can power down the XB24C for a second and back on (or send FR reset command) and it is back to normal for 500 - 1000 packets then the packets no longer show up again.

Thank you.
asked Feb 11, 2019 in XBee Programmable Development by jkuntz05 New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.