Home/Support/Support Forum/Xbee and NodeMCU two ways communication problem

Xbee and NodeMCU two ways communication problem

0 votes
Hey. I am trying to establish a network using 3 Xbees. 1 Xbee is programmed as Cordinator API and the other two are Router AT firmware.

One of the router Xbee devices are toggling digital pin high/low every one second

The second router Xbee is taking a temperature reading and sending the data back to the coordinator

I have tested both Xbees seperately and it works:

Digital pin toggling:

//toggles local LED and remote XBee LED on and off
Code:
void setup(){ pinMode(led, OUTPUT); Serial.begin(9600); } void loop(){ digitalWrite(led, HIGH); setRemoteState1(0x5); //setRemoteState2(0x4); delay(1000); digitalWrite(led, LOW); setRemoteState1(0x4); //setRemoteState2(0x5); delay(1000); } // first xbee void setRemoteState1 (char value){ Serial.write(0x7E); //start byte Serial.write((byte)0x0); //high part of length (always zero) Serial.write(0x10); //low part of length Serial.write(0x17); //0x17 is remote AT command Serial.write((byte)0x0); //frame ID set to zero for no reply Serial.write(0x00); Serial.write(0x13); Serial.write(0xA2); Serial.write(0x00); Serial.write(0x40); Serial.write(0xB8); Serial.write(0xF4); Serial.write(0x1F); //16 bit of recipient of 0xFFFE Serial.write(0xFF); Serial.write(0xFE); Serial.write(0x02); Serial.write('D'); Serial.write('4'); //command data in as many bytes Serial.write(value); //checksum long sum = 0x17 + 0x13 + 0xA2 + 0x40 + 0xB8 +0xF4+0x1F+0xFF+0xFE + 0x02 + 'D' + '4' + value; Serial.write(0xFF - (sum & 0xFF)); }

Temperature reading:
Code:
//SET D2 TO ADC float temp; void setup() { Serial.begin(9600); // put your setup code here, to run once: } void loop() { if(Serial.available()>=21){ if (Serial.read()==0x7E){ for(int i=1;i<19;i++){ byte discardByte = Serial.read(); } int analogMSB=Serial.read(); int analogLSB= Serial.read(); int analogReading =analogLSB+(analogMSB*256); temp=(analogReading/1023.0)*120; Serial.print(temp); Serial.println("degrees C"); } } }

However, I am struggling to put these two programs together, because I am not sure how to acknowledge which Xbee is doing what.

When I am reading analog sample bytes, it automatically reads from the other Xbee as well which has nothing to do with Analog data therefore i get some garbage data at the output.

combined code:
Code:
float temp; int led = 13; void setup(){ pinMode(led, OUTPUT); Serial.begin(9600); } void loop(){ if(Serial.available()>=21){ if (Serial.read()==0x7E){ for(int i=1;i<19;i++){ byte discardByte = Serial.read(); } int analogMSB=Serial.read(); // Serial.print("MSB:"); //Serial.println(analogMSB); int analogLSB= Serial.read(); //Serial.print("LSB:"); //Serial.println(analogLSB); int analogReading =analogLSB+(analogMSB*256); if (analogReading >0){ temp=(analogReading/1023.0)*120; Serial.print(temp); Serial.println("degrees C"); } setRemoteState1(0x5); delay(1000); setRemoteState1(0x4); delay(1000); } } // first xbee void setRemoteState1 (char value){ Serial.write(0x7E); //start byte Serial.write((byte)0x0); //high part of length (always zero) Serial.write(0x10); //low part of length Serial.write(0x17); //0x17 is remote AT command Serial.write((byte)0x0); //frame ID set to zero for no reply Serial.write(0x00); Serial.write(0x13); Serial.write(0xA2); Serial.write(0x00); Serial.write(0x41); Serial.write(0x82); Serial.write(0xD1); Serial.write(0xB9); //16 bit of recipient of 0xFFFE Serial.write(0xFF); Serial.write(0xFE); Serial.write(0x02); Serial.write('D'); Serial.write('4'); //command data in as many bytes Serial.write(value); //checksum long sum = 0x17 + 0x13 + 0xA2 + 0x41 + 0x82 +0xD1+0xB9+0xFF+0xFE + 0x02 + 'D' + '4' + value; Serial.write(0xFF - (sum & 0xFF)); }

It could also be becuase I writing data to one Xbee and reading from the other so it may confuse the serial port, but what I have noticed is that sometimes I even get garbage for like 10 seconds after unplugging the TX and RX wires from my nodemcu and coordinator which..

https://imgur.com/a/moLlCG8
asked Feb 22 in IEEE 802.15.4 by zazas321 New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.