Home/Support/Support Forum/Can't read IMEI or SIM ID
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Can't read IMEI or SIM ID

0 votes
I have about a dozen Xbee3 CAT-M1 devices that have suddenly gone dark. In all cases, they called in fine on one attempt, and failed on the next attempt, all at about the same time. On the one that I have direct access to, reading the IMEI or SIM ID returns a blank string
asked Mar 13 in Digi Connect Cellular by moranrp New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Seems this could be a SIM provider issue. I use many of the Verizon M1 devices with no issues. I always try and update the firmware in the Digi module (even if the same version) and also the cellular firmware if possible.
answered Mar 15 by Jexx New to the Community (15 points)
I wish it were that. In the process of troubleshooting, the SIM was early in the list of things I tried. It appears that the Gecko has become unable to communicate with the underlying uBlox SARA-R4 module. Eve3n in USB-Direct mode, the uBlox module doesn't respond. These are all modules that have been running solid for a few months, deployed at various locations across the U.S., and they all died on the same morning, with the same MO. Called in once, and then never again. These are all set up in Transparent mode so, using Sleep-Pin control so, literally, all the application does is drive it to Wake and then wait for it to return an AI of 0.