Home/Support/Support Forum/is there in built configuration for connect core 6 ul to invert the UART Output?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

is there in built configuration for connect core 6 ul to invert the UART Output?

0 votes
I am working with connect core 6 UL environment from Digi. Specificaiton of the same are:

NXP i.MX6UL-2, ARM® Cortex®-A7 @ 528 MHz, 128 KB L2 cache, with NEON™ MPE (Media Processor Engine) co-processor and programmable smart DMA (SDMA) controller

i want to invert the uart output including start and stop bit. is there in built option to configure it in connect core 6 ul i.MX 6UltraLite Applications Processors to invert UART output?
asked Mar 19 in Embedded Devices by Hitech New to the Community (0 points)
recategorized Mar 19 by rmaroun

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Actually, The i.MX6UL UART does have a bit to invert the TX signal at UARTx_UCR3[1] (bit1 is INV).
It's not a common setting amongst UARTs so Linux doesn't offer API to have it set.

You should hack the driver drivers/tty/serial/imx.c to set this flag.
UARTx_UCR3 is written in several places. I would suggest you set the flag in the place where they write UCR3 at function imx_startup().
answered Mar 20 by LeonidM Veteran of the Digi Community (2,685 points)