Home/Support/Support Forum/AwUsbApi.dll crush after calling AwUsbGetConnectionStatus to a connected hub
New and improved user forum site coming soon
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

AwUsbApi.dll crush after calling AwUsbGetConnectionStatus to a connected hub

0 votes
Greetings! I've faced a problem with using AwUsbApi. I'm trying to implement anywhereusb base functionality in a WPF c# project. Everything works fine, I can connect to available hub, I can check it's status etc. The AnywhereUSB Remote Hub Configuration Utility shows the same output, so I know that program works fine. But, when I call AwUsbGetConnectionStatus to get the actual status of a hub, that is already in use by someone else, my program terminates without any error message. I tried to use try catch and dll import with the parameter SetLastError = true, but that didn't work.
Here is the c# code:

// importing the dll
[DllImport("AwUsbApi.dll", SetLastError = true, CharSet = CharSet.Unicode)]
private static extern int AwUsbConnect(string hub, out int status, int timeout, IntPtr handler);

[DllImport("AwUsbApi.dll", CharSet = CharSet.Unicode)]
private static extern int AwUsbDisconnect(string hub);

[DllImport("AwUsbApi.dll", CharSet = CharSet.Unicode)]
private static extern int AwUsbGetConnectionStatus(string hub, out uint ipAddress, out int status, int timeout, IntPtr handler);

private void GetStatus()
{
// this will crash the program if the hub has been connected not by me
var result = AwUsbGetConnectionStatus(AddressTextBox.Text, out ipadress, out int status, 10000, IntPtr.Zero);
Console.WriteLine(result);
}

---

AwUsbApi.dll version is 3.96.259.0
Operating system is Windows 10 x64

I checked the release notes and there was something about get connection status problem. But if I'm not mistaken, this problem was before version 3.96 (that I currently use)
asked Jul 26, 2019 in USB by Patreg New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.