Home/Support/Support Forum/Remote program update - ENODATA error
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Remote program update - ENODATA error

0 votes
I am using the Remote Program Update by creating a http client that gets the remote firmware from a server... The initial steps work well, it is possible to execute buDownloadInit() and buOpenFirmwareTemp(), the issue appears when buGetInfo() is executed because it currently prints the ENODATA error... I found in the documentation that this error means there is no info found in source and/or source not open.

Is this related to the new firmare itself or am I ignoring something?
asked Sep 6, 2019 in Rabbit Software by wagnernextest New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Troubleshooting steps:

* Use Dynamic C to "Compile to .bin File"
* Upload that file to your web server (if via FTP, make sure it's in BINARY mode and not ASCII).
* Download the file using your computer and verify that it's unchanged from the original .bin file.
* Have your Rabbit firmware download the same URL.
* Test the content with buOpenFirmwareTemp() and buGetInfo().

For the download:
* Call buDownloadInit().
* Call buDownloadTick() until it returns something other than -EBUSY. If it returns 0, you should have a complete download.

You can use buReadFirmware() after buOpenFirmwareTemp() to look at what's actually stored in the "Temp" firmware location.
answered Sep 9, 2019 by TomCollins Veteran of the Digi Community (1,465 points)