Home/Support/Support Forum/Need help setting up older Digi Port Server II 50000309-2 F
New and improved user forum site coming soon
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Need help setting up older Digi Port Server II 50000309-2 F

0 votes
Hello,

I just bought a Digi Port Server II 50000309-2 F, I need help on how to assign an IP address.

I tried using DgIpServ.exe but the program states that it is 'ignoring' any responses from the port server.

I am using a ethernet crossover cable to communicate to the port-server running DgIpServ in Windows XP compatibility mode.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thank you
Bill
asked Nov 20, 2019 in Other/Legacy by williamlock New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Dgipserv.exe is a utility for EtherLite terminal servers.
To assign IP address to a PortServer II, connect to port 1 using supplied RJ45 to DB9 or DB25 cable. Set serial port on your PC to 9600 8/N/1
Assuming you are using correct cable, you will see login prompt after pressing enter.
default user name password: root/dbps
Good Luck!
answered Dec 3, 2019 by shatman Community Contributor (111 points)
Hello Shatman,

Thanks for the reply.

I have the model that has rj45 connections on all 16  ports, there is also a rj45 network connection on the side of the port server.

If I know the IP address of the port server, can I use telnet thru the network connection to setup the port server?

Thank you
Bill
0 votes
Yes you can. refer to command reference guide on Digi web site
answered Dec 5, 2019 by shatman Community Contributor (111 points)