Home/Support/Support Forum/Why does the P1 DIO11/PWM1 output go to zero briefly when AD1 or AD3 are enabled?

Why does the P1 DIO11/PWM1 output go to zero briefly when AD1 or AD3 are enabled?

0 votes
I have the three XBee Series 2C modules configured as DigiMesh 2.4 TH. One is a coordinator, (Indirect Msg Coordinator[1] , API Mode Without Escapes. The other 2 are Standard Routers[0] and Transparent Mode[0]. All have DH set to 0000 and DL set to FFFF. I'm using an Arduino type device to communicate with the coordinator over the rx/tx lines.

I have found that if AD1 or AD3 is enabled, the PWM1 output for P1 DIO11/PWM1 goes briefly to zero when writing the PWM value to either the local or remote devices. I have tried preventing this by first enabling AD1 and AD3, getting the values using the IS command (Force sample) and then setting AD1 and AD3 to Disabled[0], but the PWM1 output still goes briefly to zero when setting the AD1 and/or AD3 input to A/D.

I am trying to set the duty cycle of the PWM1 output and at the same time read 2 A/D values. I would like the PWM duty cycle to remain constant while reading the A/D values or updating the PWM value.

Any ideas?
Thanks
asked Dec 23, 2019 in DigiMesh Proprietary Mesh Networking by jimmyg4000 New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
So I think the real question is, why are you not just using API mode on the ADC receiving module and paying attention to that data and not a PWM pin?
answered Dec 23, 2019 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (12,786 points)