Home/Support/Support Forum/Bad batch of RCM3200 module (bearing white mark of T14)?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Bad batch of RCM3200 module (bearing white mark of T14)?

0 votes
We have been using RCM3200 module in our product for 15 years.

Recently we received a batch of RCM3200 modules from Arrows, and they are having communication problem, many broken/missing packets according to Wireshark captures. The module is used "as is" without any modification, and the same firmware has been working flawlessly in the past 15 years.

Comparing them with old ones, I noticed:

This batch all have a white mark of T14 and T4? on the Rabbit micro and they uses AX88796A Ethernet controller (I used up my previous batch so I have no idea what my previous batch uses, but a test module from old days uses AX88796 instead of AX88796A)

Maybe a bad batch of RCM3200 somehow got shipped to your distributor?

Regards,

Xun Chen
asked Jan 8 in Rabbit by dataq New to the Community (7 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Xun Chen,

If you are requesting what is called an RMA, then you need to either contact your place of purchase or Digi Support via the web site or via email at technical.support@digi.com
https://www.digi.com/support
answered Jan 8 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (12,302 points)
0 votes
Does the latest RCM3200 module use AX88796 or AX88796A?
answered Jan 8 by dataq New to the Community (7 points)
To answer your question it uses both.  The part AX88796 is obsolete, this is the new replacement AX88796A. You should've received a PCN informing of a change in power consumption.
Please contact tech support for an RMA