Home/Support/Support Forum/XBEE Cellular connection issue
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

XBEE Cellular connection issue

0 votes
Hello,

I'm working with a cellular XBEE for 3G connection and transparent mode by using Linux and serial port.

When I connect the device it seems to not connect and AI(Association indicator) is always giving 0x23. But when I put the SIM card in a mobile phone it connects to internet and then if I put again the SIM in XBEE device and there is not problem to connect, and it works perfectly.

But after a couple of days not using the device, the issue reapears and it cannot get the connection and giving again AI 0x23, and I have to repeat the process of inserting the SIM in a mobile phone to get connection.

I'm not sure what is the source of the problem. Does anyone know if this is related with the SIM card or the device initialization with XBEE, or something else?

Thanks in advance.
asked Jan 20 in Digi Connect Cellular by anicolas New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Anicolas,
Do you need to use a Pin with that SIM card?
answered Jan 20 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (12,756 points)
No, I removed the PIN checking in SIM with the mobile phone first time I connected it.
Have you entered in the APN value via the AN command?
No, after connecting in the mobile phone the AN value in the device is '-', but xbee holds connected to internet.

Should I write it by AN command everytime?
Yes, you need to set the APN value to what the carrier has provided you for that SIM.
Thanks, I'll check it when loosing the connection.