Home/Support/Support Forum/Full cloning one fully functional RCM6760 to a new RCM6760 Board
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Full cloning one fully functional RCM6760 to a new RCM6760 Board

0 votes
Hi again and sorry for my ignorance. I did not try uploading the .BIN file to my RCM6760 till now. From Dynamic C, I cannot find a menu where to load the bin file and send it to hardware. Reading the manual I guess I found the way to do it via command line RFU. I execute the following: clrfu -i c:\boot.bin -s 4:115200 but I get CRC32 mismatch, file corrupted. I compiled the example "PONG.C" and if I try the previous method to upload to the board, I don't have any errors, so I guess the bin file is the problem.
What I am doing wrong extracting the file from the working board?
All answer will be appreciated.
asked Mar 30 in Rabbit by PPtronik New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
The download_flash.c sample downloads a complete image of the serial flash, and you just want the portion at the start with the firmware image.

If you look at the file with a hex editor, you'll see a firmware_info_t structure somewhere in the first 1KB of the file, on a 64-byte boundary. Look for the sequence 'BUD!' which is the signature of the structure. You can look in board_update.lib for a description of the fields. With that information, you should be able to identify the length, including CRC, at an offset of 7.

Try truncating a copy of the .bin file to that length and see if it will work with RFU. Also note that there's a GUI version in the Utilities folder called RFU.EXE.

If you're using the "power-fail safe" option of the Remote Program Update feature, it gets a bit trickier. There will be a fake firmware_info_t in the first 1KB, a firmware_info_t for "image A" in the next 1KB, and then another firmware_info_t later in the flash representing "image B".

If this doesn't make sense, just email me the .bin (add a dot to my name, at digi.com) and I'll extract the image(s).
answered Apr 1 by TomCollins Veteran of the Digi Community (1,870 points)