Home/Support/Support Forum/What to do after LTE disassociation then association

What to do after LTE disassociation then association

0 votes
I am using Digi XBee3 LTE CAT1 (AT&T) modem (P/N XB3-C-A1-UT-001) to connect to the AWS IoT broker. Currently the MQTT Keep Alive is set to 5 minutes. Every now and then, I see the modem status messages (0x8A using API frame mode) come out indicating a disassociation (03), then an association (02) within a few seconds apart. In this case, if my AWS connection has already been established prior to disassociate/associate, do I need to tear down the AWS connection, meaning MQTT disconnect -> socket close, then restart the AWS connecting steps?
asked Apr 25 in XBee3 Cellular by acpie360 New to the Community (33 points)
recategorized Apr 28 by mvut

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Acpie,

Unless you are getting a port close message and your next packet fails, I would not worry about it.

Digi support
answered Apr 28 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (12,351 points)
Hi, Digi Support,
Thanks for answering my question. It seems to me that once disassociation/association happens, within a matter of seconds, the next message always fails at the TLS layer. I run the mbedTLS library on my processor, and I have to tear down the TLS connection to recover from this situation.

Currently I monitor both modem status 0x8A API frame and the AI status. I am not entirely clear the differences between these two. Is association/disassociation synonymous to connected or not connected to Internet then?

I am new to cellular technology. Forgive me if my questions sound silly. Thanks.
Acpie,

Then in that case, you will need to re-establish the connection.

Digi Support