Home/Support/Support Forum/Why Dynamic C doesn't update and still has an old interface?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Why Dynamic C doesn't update and still has an old interface?

0 votes
Hi.

I think the Rabbit® 6000 MCU is very good, but the interface used for Dynamic C is very old and has not changed in a long time. Debugging is a headache since communication with the module is often lost. I see that other manufacturers of microcontrollers improve software development tools every day, but Digi I think is leaving this microcontroller aside.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome
asked May 6 in Rabbit Software by DominusDRT New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
I can't speak to why Digi isn't updating the IDE, but they are actively maintaining the libraries and sample programs on GitHub, including TLS updates and fixes for WPA vulnerabilities (for the RCM6600W which unfortunately was discontinued). https://github.com/digidotcom/DCRabbit_10

What are you doing when the debugger loses its connection? Unless you're blocking for a long period of time in a function flagged as "nodebug", you shouldn't be losing the debugger. It's possible to crash the debug kernel with bugs in your code, but during normal code execution and debugging, the debugger should remain connected and allow for single-stepping and variable watching.
answered May 7 by TomCollins Veteran of the Digi Community (1,872 points)
Regarding the RCM6600W, I think it was due to the temperature. I designed a product that works in tropical environments and the temperature reached more than 55 degrees (which seems to me to be the maximum working temperature) and finally after one month, it stopped working. Previously, flash memory was altered or erased. We had to redesign the project with a similar device from another manufacturer.