Home/Support/Support Forum/How to disable receiving Remote AT Commands from end device and rotuers at the coordinator side on XBee S2C?

How to disable receiving Remote AT Commands from end device and rotuers at the coordinator side on XBee S2C?

0 votes
Hello everyone.

I am building a ZigBee network which consist of an XBee S2C coordinator, an XBee S2C end device and several other end devices from another manufacturer. I am trying to improve the security of the network but there are some problems about XBee S2C coordinator side.

An end device (XBee S2C end device) in the network is capable of sending Remote AT Commands to coordinator and change its configuration which I do not desire. Because of this situation, the coordinator is vulnerable to attackers.

I read about Secure Remote AT Command which provides a password mechanism by using KZ command but it can not be applied to an XBee S2C.

Is there a way to overcome this situation? If so how? If not how to secure network?
asked 5 days ago in XBee Cellular by brkns New to the Community (1 point) 1 flag

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Brkns,

The feature you are referring to is currently not offered in the S2C hardware. It is however supported in the XBee 3 products with the latest firmware.

On the XBee S2C, you can use Encryption and change the password often as well as turning off Joining which should take care of the situation from an RF stand point.

Digi Support
answered 5 days ago by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (12,302 points)