I have my XBee 3 device connected to a regulated board from Sparkfun. This board is connected to an Arduino UNO with an extra pair of software RX/TX pins.
I got the XBee board working with the pair of software pins. X-CTU recognized the device and I could read/write it to it.
I wanted to create a ZigBee mesh network, I tried changing one of my XBee devices into a Coordinator. This seemed to work fine after doing this I clicked on the sync button (read) and it started reading all the values very slow and once it was done the values it had entered they were all wrong. Instead of numbers, they were like AA, AB, etc.
I tried switching it back to a Router and it doesn't do anything after this.